Cyber Essentials Consultant in the Midlands – Economit
Economit are a Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus independently accredited consultancy who have guided multiple businesses through Cyber Essentials accreditations programs successfully and provided them with impartial advice throughout Nottingham, Derby, Leicester and Birmingham.
What is Cyber Essentials?
The government-backed Cyber Essentials scheme is a world-leading and cost-effective solution for companies to reassure their customers and stakeholders that they have adopted a basic set of procedures and controls to ensure that they have taken cyber security seriously and have appropriate controls, procedures and policies in place.
The benefits of achieving a cyber essentials certification:
- Protect your business against cyber attacks
- Focus time on your core business objectives, instead of worrying about cyber attacks
- Ensure that your business supply chain is secure by protecting the data of your business, customers and suppliers
- Increase your chances of securing more business by boosting your reputation by achieving the Cyber Essentials accreditation
- Reduce cyber insurance premiums by demonstrating that you are more secure
- Expand your business opportunities by being permitted to work with the UK government and the MOD.
There are two levels of Cyber Essentials certification available to your organisation:
- Cyber essentials – Which includes the process of a self-assessment questionnaire and an external vulnerability scan which independently confirms your security status
- Cyber Essentials Plus – Which includes all for the assessment for Cyber Essentials, but includes an additional internal scan and an on-site assessment
Our Cyber Essentials consultant will undertake assessments, reports, recommendations and provide impartial advice to ensure that your business benefits from the certification. Following the consultancy and subsequent change period, a government-approved assessor will verify that the relevant procedures have been put in place and initiate a final assessment to test for accreditation.
For more information on the process and benefits of accrediting your business to the Cyber essentials standard, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/cyber-essentials-scheme-overview or contact us.