Virtual DPO Services in the Midlands and LondonBeing an independent voice to assure GDPR is followed to protect your business against fines and security breaches.
Economit understands the burden of setting aside precious time and resource to comply with the many requirements of GDPR. We’re here to make it easier and simpler for you to achieve, so you can benefit from the changes sooner.
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has placed stricter governance rules around data protection which are more complex and time-consuming to comply with and can result in harsher fines than they did previously.
GDPR ensures that data subjects have greater rights to access and control the information that companies process about them, businesses have tighter regimes for the management of data and the DPO which has to be appointed dedicates time to monitor compliance.
Our Virtual DPO service
In certain cases, a Data Protection Officer (DPO) is now a mandatory appointment for undertaking large-scale processing of ‘special category personally identifiable information’ (PII).
We can become your experienced Virtual DPO as a cost-effective solution for meeting requirements, so you don’t have to go through the hassle of appointing an employee. We can assign you’re an expert consultant to impartially monitor and advise on your data management practices in a way which won’t disrupt your normal day-to-day business operations. This puts us in a strong and independent position to assess and manage the changes you make from an external point of view.
As your Virtual DPO, we will manage your compliance with the GDPR by addressing the following issues:
- Confirming that the processing and storage of personal data is transparent
- Securing the access to data, ensuring that it’s available on a lease privilege or need-to-know basis
- Identifying and managing risks by assisting with process flows and the creation of DPIA’s (Data Protection Impact Assessments)
- Introducing data retention and archival policies and techniques to assist with compliance and efficiency
- Undertaking important staff awareness training to make sure everybody is working in line with GDPR
The benefits of a Virtual DPO
There are considerable benefits to our consultants becoming your Virtual DPO. We’re GDPR experts, strategically and deliverable focused and always honest and ethical.
- Be advised cost-effective solutions to any gaps you have in your practices which don’t follow the GDPR
- Concentrate on running your business while we make assessments and monitor recommended changes
- Protect the business from large fines and a loss of reputation
- Receive honest, ethical and strictly confidential recommendations